Monday, September 1, 2008

We were quite excited about Game Day on Saturday. We had a festive table and everything.

We had food, too, not just maroon mums and such.


Jeffrey grilled some boudin, which we served with sharp cheddar cheese that he sliced and sprinkled with creole seasoning and pickle spears.

He also sliced a baquette, brushed it with garlic olive oil, sprinkled it with sea salt and fresh ground pepper and grilled those. THAT was good; we'll be doing that again.

Friday morning I went to the Heart of Darkness and, be still my heart, they had the fall! and! halloween! decorations out! I love fall. They had miniature cupcake papers printed with little pumpkins and HOW COULD I RESIST THAT? I couldn't, that's how.

I melted about two-thirds of a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips. It was in the pantry; I don't know why I had opened it and used a few of the chocolate chips but whatever. It was there so I used it.


Once the chocolate was melted and smooth, I stirred in some Nutella.


As well as some chow mein noodles. I had a bag in the pantry for topping salads. I poured in a cup or two. Actually, I have no idea how much I poured in. I stirred in some peanuts, too, because if there is anything better than chocolate and halzelnut, it's chocolate and peanuts.


I lined three miniature muffin tins with the seasonal! autumn! cupcake papers and filled them with the mixture. I put them in the fridge to harden a bit and we enjoyed them with the tailgate fare.


These are incredibly easy and quite tasty. You can make them with milk chocolate or white chocolate. I've done similar chocolate clusters with pretzel pieces, rice crispie cereal, and peanuts.

If you don't have any cute seasonal theme cupcake papers, you can dip out spoonfuls of the mixture onto wax paper.

1 comment:

Camellia said...

don't that cute! Love the football dip dish. And I had NEVER HEARD OF NUTELLA. Live and learn. And try.