Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The World's Best Coconut Cake

Hey everybody! I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd share with you a little piece of heaven that I experienced in Charleston, SC over the past weekend.

Keetha has started a multi-part post on her blog that details our fun, longer than normal, weekend. This trip started out as a chance for her to meet my best friend and his wife, but little did we know what food wonders were to be had while we were there.

She and I had seen a program on The Food Network that really peeked my interest. It's fairly known that Keetha doesn't care at all for coconut, but it's one of my favorites. The show detailed a resturant in downtown Charleston that in known for it's coconut cake. Once we decided to go, there wasn't any doubt that I just had to sample this cake. So about three days or so before we left, I called up The Peninsula Grill and made reservations for the four of us for Saturday night.

The meal was, to say the least, exceptional from start to finish. However, the coop de gras was without a doubt, for me at least, dessert. I just can't begin to tell you just how good this cake was. Matter of fact, I somehow talked Keetha into having not one, but two bites of my cake. She later told me that I have never been so insistant with her about anything. And I apologized to no end to her for that fact. It was just plain heavenly!

Y'all keep a watch on her blog for more on our fabulously entertaining weekend filled with fun and FOOD!

1 comment:

Camellia said...

but I need a recipe...because I've been longing for the best coconut cake eveh.